It’s 1.30 a.m. and I don’t feel tired. Well, that’s not exactly true. I feel shattered. I really do need to go to sleep, but I just can’t.
This isn’t a usual problem for me. Ordinarily my head hits the pillow and I’m out like a light. But not tonight. Ohhhh no. I think my day has been so busy that I’m now over tired.
Thursdays always seem to be manic in my house, and today was no exception. It went something like this.
- Wake up & take morphine, then lie for another 10 minutes or so until it kicks in and I can move.
- Get up at around 6.45 and wake the Stroppy’s. Take a slow trip downstairs in the lift as my back is still throbbing.
- Make breakfast for Stroppy 3, call Stroppy’s 1 & 2 again in the vain hope they’ll actually listen this time, make their packed lunches and a coffee for me.
- Drop Stroppy 3 at school, Stroppy 1 at college, then it’s off to my aunts house to take her to hospital. Normally my brother would do this, but his cars playing up. What was supposed to be a 10 minute appointment turns into a 1 1/2 hour one. Oh joy…… 😦
- Drop aunt off then shoot home to finish my cold coffee and pick up Stroppy 1 as we have an appointment with her form tutor at 1.15. That goes surprisingly well, but agains lasts much longer than its supposed to.
- I drop her in town as I have an appointment at 2.20. I just about arrive on time. This is mainly due to the pain I’m now in despite having taken every medicine I possibly can. They lady accepts my apology – she is lovely 🙂
- Theres just enough time to pick up supplies for the teachers Easter gifts before I shoot off to get Stroppy 3.
- We get home, I pop on a new morphine patch, make dinner and the teachers gifts, then have half an hour on the bed with a hot….wheat pillow. (Ain’t life great?)
- Finally, after homework and ‘encouraging’ (think moaning) Stroppy 2 to do the dishes, I go back out to collect my Chocoholic order. One 90 minute round trip later, and I’m home just in time to gift wrap the teachers gifts (hot chocolate stirrers – yum!), help Stroppy 3 with her teeth and to tuck her in.
After that day I allowed myself a glass of wine or three….
Recipe for Hot Chocolate Stirrers.
You’ll need –
2 – 300g chocolate (any flavour)
Mini fudge cubes
Cupcake size silicone cake moulds (6)
Plastic teaspoons (6)
Cellophane gift bags (6 small)
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
Pour into moulds – approx 1/2 fill them
Pop a spoon in each at an angle
Drop a few marshmallows or fudge pieces into each one
Put in the fridge for an hour or so
Once set, take out of the mould and pop them into separate gift bags
Drop a few more pieces of marshmallow or fudge in with them
That’s it! How simple is that?
We wrote a little poem on our labels that says…
‘Stir the chocolate spoon in hot milk,
Then your drink will be smooth as silk’
Tie each label on with the ribbon so it closes the gift bags and you have a quick, easy gift for any occasion.
It’s now 2.30 and I’m saying goodnight to you in the vain hope I might get some sleep before the alarm goes off. Goodnight 🙂